Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sinkholes and churches

I started the day with a cup of coffee and a three mile jog through the park. Damn I need to run more! The weather was nice and cool and the road was completely empty of traffic.

While running, I thought I heard a deer crashing through the woods....but more than likely it was a pissed off squirrel that was wishing that loud breathing/wheezing/sweating mammal (me) would go away! LOL

I then got ready and took off for a tour of Falling Waters State park. Riding U.S. 90 was a breeze and before I knew it I was there. The heat had set in and after a long walk in hot Harley boots, I ended up at a very large sinkhole. Even with the recent rains the spring fed waterfall had dried to a trickle.. all that walking for nada...Lol

I decided against jumping into the tempting swimming area and hopped onto US 77 south and headed to Lynn Haven....about 55 miles. US 77 is a long stretch that has literally a church of some sort every 2 miles.....that and horse farms.

After grabbing a prescription from Walgreens (the only one around except for Panama City acording to the park ranger!) I returned to the campsite on SR 231...found a roadside farmers market and bought way too many tomatoes and a hopefully ripe cantalope. Which according to the Uncle Jessie look-a-like "u can tell by smelling it, if it smell like cantalope its ready"

Quote of the day "hey mister, ain't it too hot to ride that bike?" My answer..."Naw pops , it ain't like I'm pedaling ...say hi to Bo and Luke for me".

While riding back I accidently found myself on SR 167.....all I can say is this road was a gem! Sweeping curves and very light traffic! I was jamming to Poison "Ride the wind" smiling ear to ear kicking along at a cool 70mph!

Got back time to jump into the Blue Hole spring and cool off. I then made a delicious dinner of tuna stuffed fresh tomatoes....Mmmm



No comments:

Post a Comment