Friday, June 1, 2012

Bathroom befuddlement

Got an early start with another quick crossfit workout and broke camp. Since it was a beautiful day, I decided to head down US 90 west again towards Pensecola.

I was having a great time and relaxing on the ride for about an hour. Then I started hitting stop lights every couple of miles the road. So as soon as I could I jumped back onto I-10. Outside Pensecola, I kept seeing these signs for the "US 90 Senic Highway". So of course, being the tourist trap goofball and all,  I decided to check it out!

The view of the Pensecola bay was awesome! I kept thinking I should stop and take a pic, but the traffic was too heavy to pull over. Plus my cousin Britta and her husband were expecting me.

Next thing I knew I had accidentally ridden into the "rough" area of town and I got a chance to see the seedy underbelly of Pensecola. I guess every town has its quirks..mental checklist:
where's my gun?
wallet?
probable cause?... check.

Pulled into John and Brittas place and had an incredible visit! After a cold beer we jumped into their saltwater pool and played with my 5 little cousins.

For dinner John drove us to Mcquires (Feasting, Imbibery and Debauchery!) for dinner. Locally famous for their backward Men and Woman bathroom signs. We had a blast watching people accidentally walking into the wrong bathroom! 

So of course I got a shirt from there!

John used to fly on Airforce One and shared some funny stories. He told us about how one time President Bush was jogging on a treadmill while flying and it broke, so he went to the pilots and crew and asked what could be done. After a quick discussion someone said "hey! Let's just call the treadmill company and ask if they know how to fix it since its brand new". The President was like "yeah! Let's call them!"

The call that went something like this:

Airforce One -"Hi treadmill company, this is Airforce One"
Caller- "yeah right....(click)"
Airforce One - "Hey! this is Airforce One, please don't hang up"
Caller- "yeah, don't call here anymore (click)"
Airforce One - "this is Airforce One, we have treadmill serial number such and such"
Caller "(typing)....ummm...please hold"
"Hi this is treadmill company vice president so and so...you having a problem with the Presidents treadmill?!"

Needless to say they had a replacment treadmill at the airport when they landed! LOL







No comments:

Post a Comment